Thursday, February 9, 2012

Open Content:

First of all, I cheered (internally) when I saw David Wiley's name on the Wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_content

Second, here are a few favorite references I found for future reference on Open Content:

Third, a personal story:

My mother recently sought my opinion regarding the legality of sharing publicly-available content (e.g. videos, music) in her classroom. She frequently wanted to drive a point home with a pertinent clip, and she was afraid of doing something wrong or, worse, get herself or her school into legal trouble. After this occurred with my mother, I realized there are a large number of educators, etc. who have these same questions and who are not familiar with copyright law, Open Content, etc. and I wanted to provide them with basic training on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment